By Jeff Ogden, President of the B2B Lead Generation consultancy, Find New Customers.
SaaS products like Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua and the like are very, very easy to buy. Give them a credit card, they give you a login. Done. It can be done in minutes.
It's actually way too easy. But just like dieting, promises are easy - reality is something else. So things are too good to be true. There is no "wonder herb" in B2B marketing.
What does the purchase of software do toward fixing your company's problems with generating quality sales leads? Absolutely nothing!
The only way to REALLY fix your lead generation challenges is to do a lot of hard work - which we summarize in these 10 steps. Are you ready to do what it takes?
- Craft deep buyer personas
- Define your keywords
- Agree on the common definition of a lead and identify key trigger events which drive decisions.
- Map content to the buyer personas and buyer variables (using keywords)
- Fill in the gaps with new content (using keywords)
- Optimize the website, blog and social media based on keywords
- Design lead nurturing campaigns in a Problem to Solution story-telling format using your content.
- Using the agreed lead definition, agree on the behaviors and demographics that indicate buying propensity (lead scoring).
- Create metrics to measure the effectiveness of your programs.
- Deploy everything in your new software.
Unless you are ready to invest in those 10 steps using internal and/or resources like Find New Customers, you will never really fix your sales leads problem.
Why don't you visit and download our free white paper, How to Find New Customers?