Four and one-half stars out of a possible 5. This is my review of the book Return on Influence, which discusses Klout, Social Scoring and Influence Marketing. I found it to be a superb book. Great job, Mark. (Mark was my guest on Mad Marketing TV - the online marketing show hosted by yours truly.) (below) All in all, I found Mark's writing to be fresh, interesting, well-researched and well-organized. He covers how dramatically how the world has changed in Part1 - The Roots of Influence and he covers the world on social influence in Part 2 - Klout and the Social Scoring Revolution. The book is filled with practical tips and concrete examples. For instance, he tells the story of B.T Babbit and how individually wrapped bars, scented bars of soap from the back of a wagon and how influential wives shared the story via word of mouth. It's those kind of stories that made the book very compelling in my mind. Very well written book on an import topic in B2B marketing. Good job, Mark! Guide to our reviews:
- One star - a real dud. Keep moving.
- Two stars - Not bad, but not note-worthy
- Three stars - A very good but not exceptional book
- Four stars - An outstanding and well-written book
- Five stars - A one of a kind book. Something that is different and timeless.