There may be times in your life when you find yourself in a situation that leaves you feeling hurt, angry and upset. When something is done to you, especially by someone very close to you, it is understandable that it will hurt. Sometimes you are in shock and it is the only thing that seems to stay on your mind. When this happens, you must do something to make yourself feel good. A friend of mine told me about a problem she was having with someone and I encouraged her to write a letter or send a card to the person she had the misunderstanding with. She said that she wasn't ready to do that.
Why do we allow ourselves to hold on to and agonize over a bad situation when what we really want is to feel good? We must learn to flip the feeling! Please realize that you have the power to change the way you feel about anything! Depending on the situation, it may take a little work, however, it can be done. When you are not releasing anger, resentment and hurt feelings, it is only hurting you. Flip the feeling! Determine that you will feel good no mater what! Feeling good is the springboard to having a successful life.
Here are a few tips to help you "flip the feeling" when you are going through something:
1. Pray - Praying about the situation is the first place to start because you are communicating that you want to feel better and you truly want the situation to be resolved.
2. Surrender - Once you pray, you must let go. Practicing surrender helps to stop worrying, complaining and agonizing over problems or situations.
3. Forgive - When someone hurts you, you must forgive them. Remember, forgiveness is for you, not necessarily for the other person.
4. Make a Choice - This is the greatest power you have. You can make the choice to stay upset or take some actions to make yourself feel better.
5. Take Positive Action - Read something positive everyday, every hour, every minute if you have to. Watch positive videos or movies; Listen to inspirational music; Talk to a coach or someone who you know will encourage and motivate you to get past the bad feeling.
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." -- Siddhartha Buddha
"It's really important that you feel good, because this feeling good is what goes out as a signal into the Universe, and starts to attract more of itself to you. So the more you can feel good, the more you will attract the things that help you feel good." -- Dr. Joe Vitale