5 Must Haves to Increase Sales for Business, Executive or Sales Coaches

If you could name just 5 must haves to increase sales for your coaching practice, be it executive, business or sales, what would you name.

Some might say certification. Wrong because in my experience during the last 10 years and that of my colleagues the only person who asks about coaching certification is another certified coach.

Others might say terrific sales skills. Wrong because until these skills only comprise 20% of what you need with the other 80% being will to succeed.

What I know to be true is that you must have these 5 must haves:

Must Have #1 – Process

Your solution needs to be processed based in that it is a replicable series of steps that are directed to a desired result and can be continuously improved. Many coaches fail to embrace a process and therefore they are unable to deliver consistent and sustainable results. The key here is sustainability. This process is reinforced by the next element.

Must Have #2 – Tools

The tools that you infuse within your practice are extremely critical to your success. These tools reinforce your process and create a natural alignment. Imagine for a moment a 21st farmer on his knees using his fingers to manually dig the holes and plant the seeds. Now compare him with a farmer who has the high tech combine and can plant tens of acres in a day. As a coach, your tools must be the best of the best while delivering the results that your clients want and need. Your coaching tools should include:

  • Curriculum
  • Audio reinforcement
  • Assessments
  • Goal setting and goal achievement worksheets
  • Miscellaneous tools such as positive belief statements (positive affirmation statements)

Must Have #3 – Support

No one can go it alone. You must have support to help you continue working with your clients. This support should come from several resources:

  1. Producer of your tools
  2. Producer of your assessments
  3. Fellow coaches (Colleagues)
  4. Mentors
  5. Strategic partnerships

Must Have #4 – Ongoing Professional Development

With knowledge expanding at what appears to be lightening speed, you as an executive coach, business coach or sales coach must do your best to keep up with that knowledge. Having access to ongoing learning opportunities especially when they can be facilitated by your peers gives you an incredible advantage.

Must Have #5 – Detailed Strategic Action Plan

For some, this might be a no brainer, but from my experience many coaches truly do not invest the necessary time in planning their success. By taking the time to plan your business, you are investing the time not to fail. With over 90% of all businesses failing in the first 10 years, having a goal driven strategic action plan that looks to sales, marketing, customers, growth & innovation, management & leadership and financials.

By having these Five Must Haves, your coaching practice will increase sales and even better, you will become the Red Jacket in the Sea of Gray Suits.


SMB coach, sales and organizational culture authority, Leanne Hoagland-Smith is the People and Process problem solver for forward thinking leadership who want to dramatically improve their business and sales results. What this looks like differs for each SMB and why a phone call to 219.759.5601

Go Deeper | Website

Want More?

New Graphic
Subscriber Counter