For any business to succeed, it is vital to promote it through every possible channel. The age old "word of mouth" is now replaced by viral marketing in the internet world. Viral marketing is a concept used to pass on a marketing message online, creating the potential for exponential growth in the message's exposure and influence. Viral advertisements can take the form of video clips, games, advertisements, images, or even text messages. Marketing them through different mediums, such as emails, social networking sites, newsletters, and RSS feeds, will guarantee maximum exposure for business scalability.
There are many viral marketing tips and techniques to help you market your business. Mentioned here are a few simple and basic rules to follow for a successful campaign:
- Use strong opinions and express great ideas with conviction about your business. Viral marketing is all about getting people excited about your product/service.
- Viral advertisements have to be unique for a mass appeal. Effective ads are the ones that make you feel emotional and unique. For that the ads have to project the unexpected!!
- While making advertisements, do not feature the products/services frequently. A strong ad will remain in everyone's mind more than the actual product/service.
- Make a sequence of online campaigns with different ads like a sequel to keep the audience interest engaged in the products.
- Sharing information is a very vital mode of marketing and making it easier to spread the word ensures coverage. You can use bookmarks, emails, RSS, and social networking websites to share information.
- Encourage comments and feedback from the audience. This shows the successful spread of the online campaign and what the audience thinks of the same.
- Make it free for all. Do not set restrictions to access your business. Remember, it is supposed to spread the "virus" (your business) and "infect" (attract) the customers.
- Offer incentives to people who spread the word. However, do not indulge in spam emails.
There are many free "carrier" services available online to spread the word about your products and services.
- Use free email services like Hotmail and Gmail that can spread the word globally. The audience reach would be in millions every week.
- Write articles about your business, products and services and then submit them to multiple directories. This will get you noticed in many search engines. Ezines and newsletters contain information in various forms including tips, hints and articles that can encourage people to subscribe and forward it them others.
- Podcasts, e-books and whitepapers are also excellent viral marketing strategies. Offer them as subscription incentives.
- Make use of social networking websites to broadcast your message. Also, placing ads online gets you noticed.
Viral marketing strategies will work wonders for businesses like networking marketing and direct sales since the "word of mouth" scales online marketing heights!