I'm an action-oriented person by nature. I take on big goals and go after them full force. I don't like to take too much time to plan and prepare. I believe in the "ready-fire-aim" approach to life. I'm alright with making mistakes and fixing them after the fact. I believe it builds character.
Here are 5 personality traits of action-oriented people:
- Doers: They like to get things done. They don't care if they make a mistake; they prefer to get the ball rolling and re-adjust their aim or strategy after they see results.
- Leaders. They like to be in charge, sometimes with an "It's my way or the highway" approach. They may even be stubborn or arrogant in certain situations.
- Strong and Decisive: As a result, they tend to take on leadership roles along with great responsibility.
- Cheerful and optimistic: They're comfortable to be around and often characetized as the "Life of the Party". They might "promise the world" because it's the friendly thing to do.
- Impatient: They might get impatient with other people who aren't like them. Yet many action-oriented people get along well with process-oriented people because they are able to take charge.
*source: Personality Plus by Florence Littauer