Because many women business owners are solopreneurs, they often learn the ins and outs of business ownership on their own. They may not recognize what is possible for themselves or for their businesses because they haven't had the experience or exposure. The good news is that it is possible for these female entrepreneurs to become successful with ease - by receiving support from experts and from people in the community.
Combining community and expert support is a powerful way for a female entrepreneur to become successful with (relative) ease. Community support is support from people who care about the woman business owner and want her to succeed because she is special to them. Expert support is support from people who are competent and capable in the areas where a business owner needs help. In each type of relationship, it is essential that the business owner trust the person in the support role.
Support - in either form - provides a female entrepreneur with:
- More time and less frustration. A woman business owner who goes straight to a trusted expert can learn how to do something the right way, immediately. Businesswomen may consider working with experts or a support network in both their personal life (i.e. a personal trainer or nutritionist) and their business life (i.e. an accountant or banker), so they can create a work-life balance that runs smoothly. Also, a female entrepreneur may confide in a mentor who has achieved the kind of work and life success she looks forward to achieving - someone who sees potential in the female entrepreneur to do the same. A business owner looking for a mentor or role model should take care to ensure that her values align with those of her prospective mentor or role model. For example, both people should have similar goals for their business, whether it is high revenue or quality of life, or both
- Inspiration. Experts can inspire a female entrepreneur in their area of expertise. Community support networks can inspire female entrepreneurs with emotional support during those times when a business owner is struggling or discouraged.
- Resources. At some point, every female entrepreneur will need resources, from a Virtual Assistant to an accountant she can trust. Members of her support network can provide her with important connections, saving her time and lowering her risk.
- Opportunity. Whether it's in the form of leads and referrals or a formalized joint venture partnership, members of a businesswoman's support network can provide her with opportunities to grow her business.
- Celebration. When a hardworking female entrepreneur reaches her goals and experiences the successes she aims for, celebrating is all the more joyous with likeminded people who know exactly what she's been through.