Well Verizon is at it again. Small businesses are always on the lookout for valuable tools and information to help get their companies to the next step. Catching on to this need, Verizon released an article on Business E-Mailing Etiquette to help entrepreneurs improve their online effectiveness.
Included on the list are:
- Keep e-mails short and to the point.
- Write the action you are requesting and topic in the 'subject' line.
- Check your grammar and spelling.
- Be cautious. Think before you send an e-mail.
- Remember that e-mail is not private.
- Use out of office response, if available, to alert others of your absence.
- Keep it strictly business.
- Be courteous, considerate and responsible when writing an e-mail message.
- Lastly, make sure your computer is virus-free because you don't want to be the person sending everyone a virus.
Small business owners appreciate companies that try to add value and not just sell them products and services. By establishing themselves as a trusted expert, Verizon is sure to create small business buzz and build its brand.
When will the other Fortune companies catch on?