In his blog, Buzzoodle Buzz Marketing, Ron laid out strategies that bigger businesses can use to generate buzz and attract attention for their companies. I thought it would be worth sharing with you:
Here is what you do if you have more than a 100 employees but want to create organic, powerful buzz that spreads.
- Think like a small business. Create a small team of people that want to participate and give them the tools, guidelines and stories to succeed.
- Loosen up the big business culture for these people. Let them take some chances and have fun. You may not love some of the things that are said, but it is more likely to go viral and take off it is authentic and fun.
- Stop worrying about control of the message. Set guidelines, but let go of the fear. You lost control of your message years ago anyway.
- Monitor the web. Make sure you know what is being said about you and respond quickly to issues. Nothing creates good buzz better than taking care of bad buzz quickly and with an eye on converting the unhappy person to being a fan of yours.
- Encourage more people to put up online profiles and connect in online groups.