Find the influencers
There are a number of ways to find who the leaders in your customers' community are. Look for who the most popular bloggers are, who are the ones being invited to do keynote speeches at the important conferences, and who are the authors of the most recent best selling books?
Approach them with sincerity
Once you have identified the appropriate thought leaders, approach them with the sincere desire to help them and the small business community. Too many people are contacting them trying to sell them on a particular product or service. Build a relationship with them first and show that you are genuine about helping entrepreneurs to stand our from your competition.
How to get involved
There are a number of ways to get involved and leverage your new partner's brand. Some of them include:
- Advertising on their website
- Sponsoring a prize for a contest
- Having them review your product / service
- Profiling your company and offering
- Having you as a guest expert contributor to their website to discuss a particular hot topic